c/o Steinbach EMC
422 Main Street
Phone: (204) 326-6572
1. The Individual Registration Form is to be printed as many times as you need. There are two forms on each page (if you have 20 students, make 10 two-sided copies and cut them in half). Leaders and sponsors are to fill in these forms as well.
2. Send forms by mail to the address above along with one cheque covering all the deposits.
1. The Group Registration Form is to be filled out by leaders.
2. Save a version of this spreadsheet onto your computer and fill it in as your students turn in their individual registration forms. Once it is complete, attach it to an email and send it back to Jason Heide, our registrar.
3. Multiple forms can be submitted in case of late registrations.
4. Further form instructions:
1. The students are required to fill out their application forms and hand it in to their leaders along with a $25 non-refundable deposit. Leaders will send one cheque to us along with the Group Registration, for the total amount of the deposits.
2. At Abundant Springs in May leaders will bring along one more cheque to cover the remaining amount of the application fees. Multiple cheques from students will not be accepted.
3. Cheques are to be made out to Evangelical Mennonite Conference, with a note on the memo line indicating the designation as “Abundant Springs.”
4. The registrar will confirm the remaining amount with leaders in the weeks leading up to the event.
While this event is aimed at students who are 14-15 years old, or grade 9 through high school, you are welcome to invite your young adults to attend. They will pay the same fee as students.
Late fees will be enforced. Please register before May 1 to avoid paying extra.
The $25 non-refundable deposit is part of the registration fee. If you get the regular registration fee, the remaining total per attendee is $185 to be paid at Abundant Springs.
Our cancellation policy says that the $25 deposit is non-refundable. However, if a student finds someone of the same gender to take his or her place, there will be no charge. There will be an additional $20 fee if the replacement is of the opposite gender.
For liability insurance reasons, we must have the “Release Statement” signed!
1. All medication (prescription or non-prescription such as Tylenol, Nyquil, Advil, etc.) brought by students must be handed in to leaders upon arrival. The girls may give theirs to a female youth leader, and the boys to a male youth leader. Leaders will then hand the items to our First Aid worker.
2. Please place medication in a marked zip-lock bag.
3. If you have questions regarding specialty items such as epi-pens or inhalers, consideration will be given. All items will be returned at the end of the weekend.
We would like groups to raise extra money during fund-raising to go towards the EMC Mission Project offering and to our bursary to help groups who struggle to raise money.
All sign-up will take place at Abundant Springs on Friday evening.
For the team sports (volleyball, basketball, street hockey, soccer) events on Saturday, only one adult age 19 or older can be on the court at a time.
The Sunday afternoon wide-game is outdoors so make sure everyone brings along some “grubby” clothes to wear.
i. Safe Shelter in Central Asia.
ii. Refugee Ministry: Bringing hope and lasting change to the unreached.
The dorms have two beds per room, but we are placing four people in each room. This means that half of your students need to bring along some sort of mattress to sleep on. Everyone needs to bring along sleeping bags and pillows.
While we request that students do not bring cigarettes to Abundant Springs, we realize that some can’t go without (as the youth leader we ask you to make that decision). There will be a designated smoking pad and leaders must accompany students when they need to smoke.